Saturday, October 17, 2009

Pot-Bing-Soo

So you might be wondering what the picture on the banner is. It's my all time favorite Korean Desert ever. This might partly be becuase it's not available in rural Ohio. Sometimes I wish I could go to Korea or Korea Town in California just for this one thing. So what is it? Name: Pot bing soo. Descriptions: shaved ice topped with red beans in sweet syrup, fruit, and sometimes ice cream or whipped cream. For foreigners it might be suprising that someone would use beans for desert, but korean sweet beans are euphoric. They're always immersed in a sweet syrup, and a flavor like nothing else. I couldn't even make comparison to something else. All I really know is that it's good! Something about it. Pot bing soo is such a widely enjoyed dish in Korea that they even made popsicles to mock it's flavor combinations. It's amazing and common only to S.Korea. *^_^*

No comments:

Post a Comment